London, September 6, 2018
Arcade Analytics is now able to connect to CosmosDB using the Gremlin endpoint. Azure CosmosDB is Microsoft’s globally distributed, multi-model database. If you have a graph database configured on CosmosDB, you can now use Arcade to get insights from your data: unveiled patterns, super-nodes, etc. Configuring Arcade to use your CosmosDB database is very easy. Just follow these steps:
(1) Open the overview panel of your CosmosDB to get the connection parameters:
- Gremlin endopint (without port number and scheme), e.g.: arcade.gremlin.cosmosdb.azure.com
- ID and database, e.g.: arcade-graph and graphdb
(2) On the keys tab copy the primary key, it is your password.
(3) On Arcade Analytics, create a new data source:
- Type: gremlin
- Gremlin implementation: CosmosDB
- Server: <endpoint>.gremlin.cosmosdb.azure.com
- Port: 443
- Database: na
- Username: /dbs/graphdb/colls/arcade-graph
- Password: your primary key
Test the connection, save the data source and go back to your dashboard and use the new dataset as a source for widgets. To know more about CosmosDB, please check out the official documentation.
The docs will be updated soon. For any question, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTO Arcade Analytics
*Azure and CosmosDB are Registered Trademarks by Microsoft.